National Virtual Vacation Day
annually on March 30th (since 2018)
Terrance Talks Travel in 2016
Science & Technology
Travel & Tourism
National Virtual Vacation Day reminds people that they don't have to wait until some time in the distant future—when they have more money or are retired—to go on their dream vacations. On National Virtual Vacation Day, they don't need to take off work, don't need to spend money, and don't need to pack. With their imagination and a bit of technology, they can travel all over the world.
Virtual reality headsets can help simulate the ultimate virtual experience, but virtual reality apps, as well as online virtual tours and webcams, can assist people in taking their dream vacations as well. From the comfort of their home, they can gaze on the pyramids of Giza, explore the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, walk through the Amazon Rainforest, hike in the Andes Mountains, and safari in Africa. Virtual vacations will provide enjoyment, but they may also help people to decide if they wish to explore places in person.
How to Observe National Virtual Vacation Day
Some ways to celebrate the day include:
- Take a virtual vacation using a virtual reality headset.
- Take a virtual vacation using a virtual app such as Explor VR, Seven Wonders: Virtual Reality Tours, Timelooper, and Ascape.
- Take a virtual vacation with online virtual tour videos and webcams. Here are some destinations you could start with:
- Share with others about your virtual vacation using the hashtag #VirtualVacationDay.
- Explore Terrance Talks Travel, the creator of National Virtual Vacation Day. You can enter to win National Virtual Vacation Day prizes by signing up for the Terrance Talks Travel newsletter.