National Concert Day
the first Tuesday in May (since 2015)
Live Nation in 2015
Fun & Games
Music & Sound
National Concert Day, which celebrates the start of the summer concert season, was created by Live Nation in 2015 and first held that year. In addition to summer concerts, the day also celebrates "music artists, record labels, live music industry leaders, tour managers and their teams who work to produce live music experiences for fans." During the first year, Live Nation held a concert at Irving Plaza in New York City on the day, and they have done so in subsequent years as well. They also hold a "Kickoff to Summer Ticket Promotion" each year, where more than 1,000,000 concert tickets are available for $20 on the day, and for the following week.
How to Observe National Concert Day
Here are some ideas on how to spend the day:
- Buy tickets for a concert. Of course, it may be most appropriate to get them at Live Nation. Check to see what tickets they are selling for $20 today.
- Go to a concert! The most fitting one to attend may be the official National Concert Day event.
- Plan out what concerts you want to go to for the summer.
- Read about some of the best concerts ever.
- Log concerts you've been to.