International Cake Pop Day
Also known as
National Cake Pops Day
annually on February 1st (since 2012)
Food & Drink
Snacks & Desserts
International Cake Pop Day is celebrated every year on February 1st. This day is dedicated to the delightful dessert known as the cake pop, which is essentially crumbled cake mixed with frosting and formed into a ball or various shapes.
The idea of celebrating this day was conceived by Angie Dudley in 2012. She chose February 1st to commemorate the anniversary of her post that first drew attention to cake pops.
Cake pops have since become a popular treat worldwide, known for their versatility in design and flavor. They are often decorated with colorful icing and sprinkles, making them a hit at parties and gatherings.
On International Cake Pop Day, people are encouraged to try making their own cake pops, experimenting with different flavors and designs. It's a fun and creative way to engage with baking, and the end result is a delicious treat to share with others.
So, on February 1st, grab your apron, gather your ingredients, and join in the celebration of these delightful miniature cakes on a stick!
How to Observe International Cake Pop Day
- Bake Your Own Cake Pops: Gather your favorite cake and frosting flavors and try making your own cake pops at home. You can experiment with different shapes, colors, and decorations.
- Cake Pop Decorating Party: Invite friends or family over for a cake pop decorating party. Provide a variety of icings, sprinkles, and other decorations and see who can create the most unique cake pop.
- Cake Pop Exchange: Organize a cake pop exchange with your friends, family, or coworkers. Everyone makes a batch of cake pops to share, and you get to taste a variety of flavors and styles.
- Cake Pop Class: Take a cake pop baking and decorating class. It’s a great way to learn new techniques and tips from professionals.
- Support Local Bakeries: Visit your local bakery that sells cake pops and buy a few to share with friends or family. It’s a great way to support local businesses.
- Share on Social Media: Share your cake pop creations on social media using the hashtag #InternationalCakePopDay. It’s a fun way to see how others are celebrating and get inspired by their designs.