National Spoil Your Dog Day
annually on August 10th
Dogs have given us so much joy, and yet, their days are often filled with monotony. They eat, they sleep, and they wait for their owners to come home to let them outside. Today is about changing all that. It is a day when people do some extra special things for their dogs, give them a little extra attention, and spoil them!
How to Observe National Spoil Your Dog Day
Here are a few ideas on how to spoil your dog:
- Give your dog some new treats or dog bones, or make them a special meal.
- Get your dog some new toys or a new outfit.
- Buy your dog a new bed.
- Treat your dog to a trip to a dog spa, where they can be groomed and pampered. Spas often also offer pedicures, massages, and aromatherapy for dogs.
- Take your dog on an adventure. Take them to a dog park where they can play with other dogs, take them to a beach or lake, or take them to another place where they can run and be free.
- Check if there are any events dedicated to dogs happening near you today. For example, many major league and minor league baseball teams host a "Bark in the Park."
- Have a party with your dog and invite over your friends and their dogs as well.
- You know your dog the best, so whatever things they love most should be done for them today!
- If you don't have a dog, today is the perfect day to adopt one! Shelter or rescue organizations are some of the best places to get one from.