International Suit Up Day
annually on October 13th (since 2010)
Today people suit up in honor of Barney Stinson, the suit-wearing character played by Neil Patrick Harris on How I Met Your Mother, a comedy that ran on CBS from 2005 to 2014. Stinson not only always wore a suit but "suit up" was one of his catchphrases. Just like Stinson, people wear suits wherever they go today.
How to Observe International Suit Up Day
Those behind the day have suggested the following ways to celebrate the day:
- Wear a suit to school.
- Wear a suit to work.
- Wear a suit in a hospital.
- Buy a suit.
- Buy suitjamas.
- Sleep in a suit.
- Drink in a suit.
- Party in a suit.
- Watch How I Met Your Mother.
- If you see someone without a suit, tell them to go home and suit up, or convince them to watch How I Met Your Mother.
- Play laser tag in a suit.
- Dress your dog in a suit.
- Watch Barney Stinson sing "Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit."