National Pet Day
National Pet Day was founded by Colleen Paige, who also founded other holidays such as National Dog Day and National Cat Day. Although National Pet Day is about celebrating our own pets and the joy they bring to our lives, it is also about creating public awareness about animals that currently live in shelters and rescues and are in need of a forever home.
How to Observe National Pet Day
Here are a few ways you could celebrate National Pet Day:
- Spend extra time playing with your pet today.
- Buy some new toys or treats for your pet.
- Have a National Pet Day party with your pets and all your friends' pets.
- Take photos of your pets and share them online.
- Adopt a pet from a shelter or rescue organization.
- Volunteer to care for animals at a shelter.
- Donate food, toys, and other supplies to an animal welfare organization.