In order for things to continue working properly, they need maintenance. Without recurrent maintenance, things will break more often and cost more in the long run. In some instances, avoiding maintenance can even be dangerous. Today is for examining homes, appliances, vehicles, and anything else that needs maintenance, and making sure everything is in working order.
Maintenance Day is observed next on Saturday, January 18th, 2020. It has always been observed annually on January 18th.
How to Observe
Celebrate the day by performing maintenance on anything you can think of. Here are ideas of some things to maintain:
- Check the fluids in your car, such as the oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and radiator fluid. You could also take your car in for an oil change.
- Check the air pressure in your vehicle's tires.
- Check your vehicle's air filter.
- Mop or wax hard floors and vacuum carpet.
- Clean your bathroom, making sure to scrub down the tub well.
- Wash the windows in your home.
- Clean your dryer vent.
- Check your furnace filter.
- Clean out your gutters.
- Do yard work, which will vary depending on where you live and what the weather is.
- Maintain your computer.
- Check your diet and exercise regimen to see if there is anything you can change to better maintain your own body.
- Schedule a checkup at your primary care doctor, eye doctor, and dentist.
|Observed||First Year||Last Year|
|annually on January 18th||-||-|