Wonderful Weirdos Day
annually on September 9th
Wonderful Weirdos Day is dedicated to all the wonderful geeks, freaks, misfits, and weirdos, who think outside the box and refuse to play by the rules. The day was created by Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat holidays. Whether you self-identify as a weirdo, or have family or friends that proclaim themselves to be weirdos, there is plenty of weirdness to celebrate!
How to Observe Wonderful Weirdos Day
If you think of yourself as a weirdo, this is a day to celebrate how wonderful you are. If you see people you know who are weirdos, the creators of the day say today is "the day to thank them. So give them a hug, and say 'I love you, you weirdo!'" There are a lot of "weird" things you could do to celebrate as well:
- Hop and skip while walking.
- Talk to yourself loudly in public.
- Create a fake language that only you and your friends understand, and try it in public.
- Wear mismatched clothes or a weird costume.
- Color your hair a funky color.
- Listen to "Weird Al" Yankovic.
- Go to some weird roadside places.
- Visit a weird museum.