Love Your Pet Day
Also known as
National Love Your Pet Day
annually on February 20th
Owners of pets share all their love with them today—it doesn't matter whether they have a dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, reptile, goldfish, or something else. Well over half of Americans have a pet, which is something to celebrate, as pets bring many health benefits. Today, the mutual benefits and love that humans and pets bring to each other is at its peak.
How to Observe Love Your Pet Day
Share as much love as you can with your pet or pets today!
- Spend extra time playing with them today. You could even make or buy some toys for your dog, cat, or other pets.
- Give your pet some treats. Maybe they have a favorite you could surprise them with. There are also many recipes online for homemade treats for cats or dogs that you could try.
- Get some healthy meals for your pet from places like Pet Plate or The Farmer's Dog.
- Get your pet groomed and pampered. Dogtopia and Wag N' Wash are two popular national chains you could bring your pet to.
- If you don't have a pet, you could adopt one from a shelter or rescue organization. What better way is there to show love to a pet today than to give it a new home?