Chic Spy Day
Also known as
International Chic Spy Day
annually on October 5th (since 2015)
Chic Spy Day, which was created by Mignon Gould of the fashion website The Chic Spy, celebrates the fictional chic spies of film and television and their style. It takes place on October 5, the date on which the first Bond film, Dr. No, premiered in London in 1962. Based on the book by Ian Fleming, it starred Sean Connery as James Bond, an impeccably-dressed, tuxedo-tailored agent of the British Secret Service. Throughout the years, many other spies of the big and small screen have exuded sophistication and fashion just like Bond. Today we celebrate these spies and their chic style!
How to Observe Chic Spy Day
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate the chic spies of film and television and their style:
- Watch Dr. No or another Bond film.
- Have a spy movie marathon.
- Read one of Ian Fleming's James Bond books.
- Learn about some chic spies by reading articles such as "Who are the Most Stylish Female Movie Spies," "The Most Stylish Movie Spies Of All Time," or "10 Most Stylish Spies In Movie History, Ranked."
- Explore The Chic Spy website and subscribe to their newsletter.
- Visit the International Spy Museum or a fashion museum.
- Visit the Official James Bond 007 Website.
- Dress in style as your favorite spy. Perhaps you'd like to present yourself undercover. In that case, maybe you'll need a pair of sunglasses, a fake mustache, or a trenchcoat. Take selfies of yourself in your chic spy costume and post them on social media. Tag @TheChicSpy and #ChicSpyDay on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Host a "sleuth soiree" or spy party. Have guests dress up as their favorite spies and serve up some drinks. You could prepare some martinis "shaken, not stirred," just as Bond likes them, and you could even try your hand at one of his favorites, the Vesper Martini. You could also make and serve some of The Chic Spy's "Covert Cocktails."