As Young as You Feel Day
You may have heard the phrases, "you are only as old as you feel," or "you are as young as you feel." They both mean that no matter what your age, if you feel young, and live your life in such a way as if you were young, age really doesn't matter. There may even be some scientific truth to the phrases. Today puts a focus on working to act and feel as young as you can. Today also gives you an excuse to do so, and no one can judge you for really letting loose. The day was created by Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat Holidays, who said, "Now more than ever you are as young as you feel. So stop acting your chronological age and get out there and start feeling peppy!"
As Young as You Feel Day is observed next on Sunday, March 22nd, 2020. It has always been observed annually on March 22nd.
How to Observe
If you are getting up there in age, this day is especially for you. Really, anyone can celebrate the day though, by acting as young as they feel; the hope is that they feel younger than they are, not older. Here are a few ideas on how to celebrate the day:
- try to fit into the clothes you wore as a teenager, or go out and buy some that look just like them
- put on some music you listened to when you were much younger, or put on music that people younger than you listen to today
- get outside and do something active—go for a jog or a bike ride
- if you are retired, find something to keep you busy during the day—volunteer or find a job doing something you've always been interested in
- if you aren't retired yet, and have been thinking about doing so, reconsider staying a little bit longer if you are at a job you love
- try out the hip new restaurant in your city
- learn how to dance
It's really up to you to decide how to spend the day. Just make sure you are doing something that makes you feel younger!
|Observed||First Year||Last Year|
|annually on March 22nd||-||-|