Legal Assistants Day
annually on March 26th
Legal Assistants Day recognizes the many contributions made to the legal profession by legal assistants. Legal assistants do work to support lawyers in areas such as corporate law, criminal law, immigration, and litigation. Their duties may vary depending on the type and size of the law firm they work at, but their contributions are vast. The following are just some of these duties:
- Conducting legal research, such as research about laws, regulations, and legal articles.
- Investigating and gathering information about cases. One way this is done is by conducting appointments and interviews with witnesses, lawyers, and clients.
- Drafting contracts, letters, and other legal documents.
- Organizing files, legal documents, and correspondence, and keeping them up to date.
- Helping lawyers prepare for trials, hearings, and corporate meetings and assisting them during them.
- Performing administrative and customer service tasks like greeting clients, answering emails and phone calls, doing accounting and billing duties, and scheduling meetings.
How to Observe Legal Assistants Day
Legal Assistants Day may be observed by thanking any legal assistants you know for their hard work. Learning more about what legal assistants do and how to become one are other ways the day could be spent.