National Lazy Day
There are so many holidays throughout the year that people celebrate by doing things that take effort. Running, swimming, taking down Christmas trees, and yelling "fudge" at cobras; it all gets to be too much! Can't there just be a day to be lazy and do nothing? Yep. Today is National Lazy Day. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
National Lazy Day, also known as Lazy Day, is observed next on Saturday, August 10th, 2019. It has always been observed annually on August 10th.
How to Observe
There really is no need for us to give you ideas on how to spend the day, as you know for yourself how you best like to be lazy and suggesting that you do anything feels like telling you to do work. But, if you want a few ideas, here they are:
- Take a lot of naps.
- Lay in a hammock, on the couch, or never leave your bed.
- Don't prepare any food today. Order a pizza or something else to be delivered to your house.
- Drink some ice-cold beverages.
- Shirk whatever responsibilities you have for your job, forgo any chores you should be completing, and do whatever you think is fun instead.
- Watch a bunch of television, or listen to a lot of music. Duran Duran would particularly be fitting today, as would Todd Rundgren's "Bang the Drum All Day."
|Observed||First Year||Last Year|
|annually on August 10th||-||-|