National Food Service Employees Day
annually on September 25th
Food & Drink
Thanks & Appreciation
Work & Career
There are so many types of employees that put in hard work to make sure we get the food we want and need. Hosts, dishwashers, chefs, cooks, kitchen assistants, waiters, and other employees work in a variety of settings, such as restaurants and cafeterias in schools, nursing homes, and hospitals. No matter what role they play or where they work, these employees are honored today, on National Food Service Employees Day.
How to Observe National Food Service Employees Day
Here are a few ways to mark the day:
- Go out to eat at a restaurant. Make sure to leave an extra-large tip for the employees!
- Order food for delivery and give the delivery driver a huge tip.
- Do you have a favorite waiter or chef? You could stop by their place of employment and give them a gift.
- Look for opportunities to join the foodservice industry.
- If food service employees work for you, thank them for their hard work. Perhaps you could have a party for them or prepare food for them. Update them on any new training, skills, or food service knowledge that would help them advance in their career.