National I LOVE My Feet Day
annually on August 17th (since 2015)
Carolyn D. Jenkins in May 2015
Feet are our primary mode of transportation and they support the body and anything that is being carried. This being the case, it is essential that they are well taken care of. Unfortunately, about three-quarters of adults have some sort of foot problem. But problem feet don't have to stay problem feet. National I LOVE My Feet Day takes place today, and celebrates and promotes good foot care, not just for one day, but for every day. Carol D. Jenkins, a foot and shoe consultant and an author, published My Feet: An Ode in 2015, and it inspired her to create National I LOVE My Feet Day. Celebrants of the day spend it getting pedicures and manicures, buying comfy pairs of shoes, and taking other steps to keep their feet in tip-top shape.
How to Observe National I LOVE My Feet Day
Some ideas on how you could spend the day include:
- Get or give a pedicure or foot massage.
- Buy a new pair of comfy shoes.
- Get tips for keeping your feet healthy from the I LOVE My Feet DayS! website or other resources.
- Teach your children or other young people about good foot care habits.
- Read My Feet: An Ode, the book written by the holiday's creator that inspired her to create the day.
- Check out the day's Facebook and Twitter pages.