National Sing Out Day
Today is a day to croon and break out in a song because it's National Sing Out Day! It is a day when people don't worry where or when they sing, or how well or loud they sound. Singing is done anywhere throughout the whole day, and can be done by anyone—from novice songsters to master vocalists. Singing can be fun and may even have some health benefits! So why not sing out?
How to Observe National Sing Out Day
Cat Stevens once sang, "If you want to sing out, sing out," and there are many ways to do so:
- Sing in the car with or without the radio.
- Sing in the shower.
- Start a band and be one of its vocalists.
- Sing while walking down the street.
- Join a choir.
- Sing children's nursery rhymes.
- Sing songs that are on the top 500 greatest songs of all time list from Rolling Stone magazine.
- Sing songs from the Great American Songbook.
- Sing folk songs and read Sing-Out!
- Practice singing in harmony.
- Go out and sing karaoke, or sing karaoke at home.