National Escape Day
annually on January 30th
Work. School. Bills. Stress. The winter blues. There comes a time when you need to escape it all, and that time is now! National Escape Day is a day for yourself—a day for your own health and well being. Some may be able to escape far away, while others will only be able to go somewhere close by or escape in their mind.
How to Observe
- Plan out a trip somewhere. It would be most fitting to plan to go somewhere tropical and warm.
- Read a book. Picking one from the fantasy genre may make the most sense.
- Cover your ears with headphones and put on some music that makes you drift away.
- Get a massage, manicure, or pedicure.
- Take a long nap.
- Take a long soak in the tub, or sit in a whirlpool.
- Escape cooking by going out to eat or ordering in.
- Go for a run or a long walk.
- Go for a swim.
- Play some video games.
- Watch a movie.
- Plan a date night, or go out with friends.