Summer Leisure Day
annually on July 22nd
A bit of leisure time is critical for mental and physical health throughout the whole year, but there is something particularly romantic about it on a summer day. Maybe the extra allure comes from soaking in Vitamin D from the rays of the sun. Maybe it's that there are so many more activities than can be done in warmer weather. Whatever it is, we kick off our flip flops today and enjoy some leisure time, whether that be by laying in a hammock, water skiing, grilling out, or partaking in another activity.
How to Observe Summer Leisure Day
Here are some leisure activities that you could fill your day with:
- Swim in a lake or pool or go to a water park.
- Lay in the sun at a beach or in the shade in a hammock.
- Go water skiing or tubing.
- Lounge in a hot tub.
- Have a picnic. Grill some hot dogs, brats, burgers, or steak. Drink some ice cold beverages. Eat some watermelon or corn on the cob.
- Take a hike or go on a bike ride.
- Visit a museum.
- Go fishing.
- Go camping.
- Stop at a county fair.
- Wander around a public library.
- Watch one of your favorite movies.